Friday 15 December 2023

Letter 7 of 23: Danko

 Good morning 2023 😀, 


How are you on this Friyay? I greet you in the celebratory joy of 4x rugby world champions. Yeeep, I’m greeting you in amabhokobhoko 🙌🏽😂







The national rugby team of South Africa, the Springboks, recently won the rugby World Cup for the fourth time. What a tournament!What a victory! What an achievement! Most South Africans rallied behind the boys. Yhoo it was epic. I don’t have the adjective to describe the attachment (most) of this country has to that national team. It’s more than “just game”. 


You know how I always joke about being a Xhosalite? This is one of the reasons. I’m not a big rugby or boxing fan despite being from the Eastern Cape. I don’t even usually watch but, I watched most of their games. I guess I could not escape the patriotism fever. The euphoria was on another level. 


That victory just personalised the whole “if it’s meant to be, it will be” phrase. When it’s your time, it just is. Nothing will be able to stand in the way of that. I just remember praying to God that I’m not sure about His will but, all I know is that we can’t afford a loss as a country. 2023, I’m glad that the odds were in our favour! 


The country was promised a public holiday to celebrate this victory and it was set to today. I was so grumpy that it wasn’t sooner. Low key still am but, let’s not dwell on that. Like number 1 said, “basebenzile abafana!”. The boks worked hard for that victory and we continue to celebrate each and every one of them. We are proud 🙌🏽


So, Danko! It means thank you…

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam