Wednesday 13 December 2023

Letter 5 of 23: Finding Jomo

 Hey 2023,


It’s Wednesday. I have no qualms with this day of the week. It’s my so close yet, so far away but it’s also always filled with positive vibes that I’ve got this. The week can still be saved or it can only get better 😌.




Today I’d like to reflect on one of my themes for the year- Finding Jomo. Be honest, what came to mind when you first read this title? Did you ask yourself who Jomo is? Was it the legendary football player? Or the movies on Nemo and Dory? Were you spot on and guessed that I’m referring to the joy of missing out? 


I had a pretty good feeling that I’d be missing out on a couple of things this year. Let’s just say I had a hunch. A very, very good hunch. So I just had to prepare myself to deal with the fomo (fear of missing out) and what better way to do so than to find joy? 


To be honest, like most themes and resolutions for some people, this was prettier on paper than it was in reality. I think the world we live in conditions us to fear missing out so much as if it were a pandemic. It’s not. It’s really not. I’m still telling myself that there will be things we miss and forever wonder about but, there’s more to life. 


We’re almost at the end of your timeline, 2023, and I’m still grappling with this. I’m working on being present where I am. I’m finding joy in moments of absence. Tricky space to be in but, the work needs to be done…

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know that JOMO was a thing. I guess I have been embracing the JOMO for years. I have so many excuses built up to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it is a thing buddy 😂

      You should share your notes with me

      Delete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam