Thursday 28 December 2023

Letter 15: Take a bow



Yebo. Yes 2023! 


It’s Thursyay! Let’s be nostalgic this weekend. 




Before your time, 2023, we had a hit called Take a bow by Rihanna. I would like to borrow some of its lyrics and use them in a completely different context than they were intended for. Like you know when you “borrow” but have no intention to return? Yes. Exactly like that πŸ˜‚


The stan list is a tradition on the #lettersto series. It’s usually a platform where I get to celebrate talent and just give a round of applause to creatives. It initially went to songs of the year. Then I added tv shows and movies. I guess this year I’m switching things up a bit more…let’s have a general top 5. There will be ties. Which then doesn’t really limit it to 5 but, don’t mind my maths. Just trust the celebration. 


“And the award for the best” performances goes to: 


Banyana Banyana & Springboks 

So so proud of these teams. So pleased by their performances on the world stage and just in awe of how they represented us so well. Even happier at how the country rallied behind them and celebrated them. We will raise our children to know that superheroes are not limited to capes…wow πŸ™ŒπŸ½


Shaka ilemble 

I am yet to see something that is touched by Nomzamo Mbatha that doesn’t turn into magic. ✨ This show was a pure treat to watch. The cast took me back to history in a very unique manner and I was just absolutely blown away. There is storytelling and then there is art and then there is perfection and then there is…Shaka ilembe! Yeah no. I yes everything about itπŸ‘πŸ½ 


iPlan by Dlala Thukzin, Zaba and Skyes 

There is always that song you hope doesn’t play in public because you don’t trust yourself. This has been it for me πŸ˜‚ Really enjoy this track! 


Clash of the Choirs: Team KZN

Yho Yho yhoooooo! What a team leader! What a team! Awe Ma! I don’t remember a performance that I didn’t watch and didn’t repeat. This team was on fire πŸ”₯. Loved their sound, dedication and commitment to their craft. Amabhubesi to the world! πŸ™ŒπŸ½


Sis Maria 

I’m not the only person who can never get enough of her content and talent! Such a creative concept. Relatable. Petty. Hilarious and just awesome. I am never not shook and equally entertained. Shap neh! πŸ˜‚


To all of the individuals and teams on the list “that was quite a show” and it was “very entertaining”! 


I always put out the disclaimer that this is completely subjective. It is. So, fam, please join me in saying “how about a round of applause, a standing innovation”….

P.s if you ended up singing to the whole song: how are your knees? πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam