Saturday 9 December 2023

Letter 1 of 23: Drumroll

2023! 


I don’t know how to greet you. Do I warmly embrace you as a friend? Do I sneer at you as I would a foe? Do I just “hi” and “bye” you as if you were a stranger? Homegirl, you’ve been quite a tricky one! 





Let me at least do this, let me get a drumroll, and curtain opening, for the conversation we’re about to have. A drumroll for the fam that’s been reading the #lettersto epistolary (which I prefer to call series). A drumroll for those who went away but have found their way home. A drumroll for the anyone who’s new and is reading this for the first time. We’re in season 6 😀🎉


What a year you’ve been, 2023! Things were so lit that I went into hibernation. I’ve kept such a low profile on your timeline. Probably the lowest I have since I unknowingly became an adult. Yes. I said unknowingly. I was sold a lie about this hood. There’s fine print and then there’s invisible print. Now that’s what was there when I agreed to the terms and conditions lol. 


Okay, you weren’t all bad. You were bad (I’m tempted to say read “mostly bad”) with splashes of good. Your timeline came with life changing experiences, growth and bundles of blessings. I think you showed me a different shade of gratitude. I’m looking forward to our reflection journey on life and her lessons during these last 23 days of your timeline. 


I hope, and pray, that they build towards my journey of personal mastery, healing, and bonding with my tribe. I value this space we’ve created these past few years and I’ve missed our conversations.


Disclaimer: There is absolutely no plan for this 23 part conversation. None whatsoever. If there’s anything that last year has taught me, it’s to just go with it. So I’ll just be going with the flow and just keep winging it…


1 comment:

  1. The phrase "Unknowingly becoming an adult" resonates with me.

    ReplyDelete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam