Monday 18 December 2023

Letter 9 of 23: Dezembering

 2023,


You still good? You thought I pulled a 2022 on you and went MIA again? lol. I’m still here…





We’ve officially hit the “Dezember” mark of your calendar. The days are all slowly beginning to feel like Saturday and the get togethers are piling up. 


I’ve had special back to back visits with family this weekend and I just needed to recoup. Fam, after 30 things just aren’t the same. You get to realise just how disloyal your body is. How dare it feel this way?! Are the vegetables, and water, not enough? We could do a bit better with the fruits but still…😂


‘Tis the season, right? Must say, being jolly was much more lighter when I was younger but, we still find ways to enjoy the spirit. 


‘Tis also the season for fatigue to wrestle with gratitude so badly that your sight gets affected. One of the reasons why I enjoy being with loved ones is the chance to just forget. Forget about what should be, what was and what next year probably holds but to just be. Be in the moment to laugh. Be in the moment to lend an ear to others. Be in the moment to uncover things (always happens with family!). Be in the moment to just take it all in…


I’m almost in full Dezembering mode and my hope is that I’m present. That I’m present to laugh, share my thoughts, lend an ear and just bask in the blessings of community…

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam