Sunday 31 December 2023

Letter 19 of 23: Songs

 Hello 2023,


What’s good? We’re on your last day and I can’t believe it! 





I came across a song that took me back to my childhood yesterday . Back in rural Eastern Cape when radio was like one of my friends. The radio station which was always on was Umhlobo Wenene FM. So yes. Definitely mind the friendship pun 😂


When I heard the song it felt as if I was on some Time Machine and I just went back. Back to when life was simpler. Back to when it was more fun. Low key wish I knew this back then instead of counting down to when I’d be older. Anyway, I heard the song and I got to appreciate the power of songs for the millionth time in my life. 


Songs have the magical ability to touch our souls. They touch them, warm up our hearts and just heal. I’m one of those people who even go to the extent of attaching songs to people. I remember I’ve once had this up as a status and I got to tell people which songs come to mind when I think of them. If I’ve known you longer, our memories can even make up a soundtrack 😂


Today the race for song of the year is on like nobody’s business in my country. I love this tradition. I almost always have a song myself but this year I’m just meh. I don’t have a song I’d attach to you, 2023. Even if I’d finally decide, it wouldn’t be any one of the latest tracks. 


I can’t say which song you’d be if you were a song, 2023. I know which song you’ve been a response to. Definitely I hope you dance as covered by Gladys Knight. All puns intended! 


I danced, 2023. I danced…

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam