Wednesday 27 December 2023

Letter 14 of 23: Choosing Peace

 Good evening 2023,


So far so busy. Homegirl you aren’t disappointing! Worry not, I’m definitely not going to pull a 2022 on you. Not at the moment anyway lol. Please do me a favour. Pretend like this letter was posted yesterday…






This week is one of those exciting one of lasts. Yesterday (read today) was Chooseday and it had me thinking about some of my life choices. Not my 101 embarrassing moments. Not how I could have had a different career path (which I won’t mention 😂) had I worked hard on being an IT girl. Oh and also definitely not some of the crazy things I’ve done with my friends. No. None of the above. Yesterday (read today) I was thinking about most of the times when I had to choose peace on your timeline, 2023. 


What a difficulty! Fam, you have no idea how many times I’ve spoken to God about His marvellous creation. Peace, would almost always show up like an unwanted, and nagging, guest wanting me to pick her. I’d even be in my full blown phuma silwe (come and let’s fight) self but Peace would just enter the scene and whisper: “pick me. Choose me. Please pick me, you won’t regret it.” 


There were times when I listened. There were times when I didn’t. There were times when I would just be stuck…and eventually choose Peace.  


Choosing Peace is hard. Especially when the disrespect in the room is set at “no shame at all” degrees. That or when you’re just in shock at the disastrous wonders of audacity. Choosing Peace is like that “give them your left side” phenomenon they write about in the bible. It comes especially when you think your left hook would be the best. But no. Peace comes forward and reasons with you. Arg! 😂


I’d just like to give a shout out to myself for each time I decided to choose Peace…

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam