Saturday 30 December 2023

Letter 18 of 23: Jonah moments

 Ta 2023, 


We’re still on that church tip right? Let’s reflect on Jonah moments while we’re still there before taking another shot turn. 





The story of Jonah used to fascinate me. It’s one of the stories I remember quite well. Probably because there was a song narrating the entire story. Also one of the stories which made me weary of boats.  I also low key think that’s when I put two and two together that whales are big. Each time I consider their size, I just think: you can fit an entire Jonah inside one. Now that I’m older, it’s one of the stories which don’t make sure. I guess I keep wondering what he told his wife. Did she believe that he was where he allegedly was? 😂 Jokes. Don’t share this with my mother! 😂😂😂


On a serious note, naturally, I now view the story in a different way. Now, it’s less about the whale or its size. The focus now is on direction.


There are quite a few things that made me realise that I have a few Jonah moments myself. God would have a certain instruction  or plan or dream for me and I would have another one. Then, I’d just boldly decide to venture in the opposite direction. Most times, I’d do this under the advisement of my fake friends self doubt and Imposter syndrome. These two always mask themselves as true and loyal friends with the very best of intentions. Do I not believe them and string along? Tjo! 


If I had to summarise this, 2023, I’d say that life was the whale and I was Jonah! Life humbly and kindly swallowed me. Then redirected me to where i was initially supposed to go. Gwababa ereng mo ngwaneng?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam