Friday 17 December 2021

Letter 7 - Cela nithi hooray

 Hello 2021,


They say we should celebrate all our wins. Even the small and those seemingly insignificant ones. It's Friyay and I'm choosing to say: yaaaas!




I come from a community that's big on celebrations. People come together to share your joy. They come bearing gifts, they ulilate, dance, feast and get merry. I'm no foreigner to the concept of celebrating. So let's get to it...

In recent years I've been on a "road to 10K" fitness journey. What a tricky thing. Guess what? I reached 10K on your timeline. It was everything I thought it would be...muscle aches and all. I was so happy though. Still am. The cherry on top was that I had a really meaningful women's day.

This is post 100 on the blog. Yaaaas. We've come this far. I say we because it took the courage of a community to get me here. I'm raising a glass for this win. Here's to all the typos, the punchlines that landed well and the space that Life and Her Lessons has been. Camagu!

The last wins are actually a collection of moments. Moments when I beat the alarm to it. Moments when I took less time to get ready. Moments when I was unapologetically kind to myself. How can I forget that moment when I stood on that scale and I had FINALLY gained weight?! 

One more thing, 2021, you've made me realise that I'm blessed to have a tribe that celebrates my wins as their own. A pack which knows that my joy isn't a threat to their delays or denials. Family who appreciate that these wins are the fruits of seeds sown in sacrifice and tears.

So with that being said 2021...ndicela uthi hooray!

8 comments:

  1. It's nice of you to talk about the good and the bad of 2021, most only focus on the lows.


    I'm happy for your wins Linds, we all deserve life's kindness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as easy to do so though Taky. We tend to allow the lows to linger longer

      Delete
  2. This letter takes me back to the gratitude from "iiNerves". Congratulations on your wins Mamgcina. To many more ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ne!

      It is connected Rhuru :). This is also what I was thinking about when I wrote iiNerves.

      Thank you sisi. To many more :)

      Delete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam