Tuesday 28 December 2021

Letter 18 - Will

 Hello 2021,

My last theme for your timeline was Will. This theme was a combination of "laughing at will" and "where there's a will, there's a way". At least that's what I had in mind. Life decided to put it's own spin to it and I found myself dancing with the will of God over my life.



You know that friend that sometimes takes time to get the joke. Then she ends up laughing at it the longest? I may be that person. Okay, I've been that person once. Okay. Twice. Okay, maybe I've lost count. What matters is that I'm not always that person. Most times I get the joke immediately. Then I just laugh once and I'm done with it. Lol.

I will never forget how I almost missed a "laughing at will" moment. I was so confused. I turned to a friend and asked him, "Buddy, who's Will?". That has been the actual joke since then. The person who was sharing the lesson on "laughing at will" has since passed on. It's almost been seven years but I still can't get used to it. Not when memories of him are so alive. Not when eating his favourite food has become sacred. Especially not when I still feel like calling him when life is so messed up that "laughing at will" seems impossible.

I don't remember how I was taught that "where there's a will, there's a way" perspective. I think it was a combination of teachings from many people. One of them who left to be with those who came before us. I had a moment this year that I wanted to share with her so badly and I couldn't. It hurt a bit but I was happy. I was happy because I knew she would be too. I will never get used to the weight of her absence but the warmth of her love still keeps me warm.

2021, this theme felt like adulting was showing me the highway at some points on your timeline. My take away is how I got to bounce back - reflecting on lessons from those who are no longer with me with a dash of minor adaptations for myself.

Laughing at will doesn't remove the obstacle, it just shifts your perspective. Where there's a will, there's patience, self love and a couple of back up plans...

2 comments:

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam