Monday 27 December 2021

Letter 17 - It takes a village

 Hello 2021,


We're finally on your last week. Yay!

Holiday mode has finally kicked in. Yes, we're in the zone when we don't care much about what's happened and still not in the mood to worry about what's coming. I guess this is when we can actually rest. The thing about this period though is that it doesn't last. So I'm taking it all in.


There's something about village life that just never leaves you. Those things that qualify those "you can take her out of the village but, you can't take the village out of her" labels. Having a sense of community is one of them. I guess the sharing aspect of it all. People coming through for your celebrations. People bearing your burdens. Sharing in the most purest, non consumerist or even toxic aspect form. Okay it's not all rosey. I know. Let's face it, things do go left in the lali (village) that leave a bitter taste but, I'm not there today. You've done enough of that 2021.

They were right when they said it takes a village to raise a child. We aren't islands. If there's anything that you've done, 2021, it's to show me that. I may have had more hibernating, AWOL or even MIA stunts on your timeline than I've had in previous years combined. Your heat kept me away from so much but those times were so revealing.

This letter is dedicated to moments on your timeline when it took a village to get things done. If anything, it is a shout out to each and every individual who crawled, walked, jogged, ran, drove or even flew with me this year. Even the ones who just stood there with me while I was catching my breath.

I'm thankful for each cheer and each conversation where I could vent, offload or just let you know I'm tired. I'm fortunate to have shared in your joys, your wins and your comebacks. I feel blessed to know that my own wins made you happy as they did me. Let's do this again next year. Shall we?

2021, thank you for the village...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to you for walking together this year, we helped each other where there was need and I'm just here to appreciate our friendship, you are a good human being Linds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ndo livhuwesa Taky. I appreciate being able to "swim" with you. Thank you :)

      Delete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam