Thursday 23 December 2021

Letter 13 - Forever young

 I'm running out of ways to greet you 2021. Honestly, aren't we at the end yet? You're starting to feel like Januworry.


Today, I'd like to dedicate an ode to my palate and everything in my being that governs my taste.

To you, oh great forces which govern Linda's childish decisions,

When you walk past a jumping castle, may the urge to jump on it never leave you. One day you'll be brave enough to gate crash.
May your love for cream soda always leave your niece puzzled. The fact that you resist that ice cream/ cream with sprinkles on top should be enough of a hint to her that you too qualify to drink it.
Once in a while, mix different flavours of chips, marshmallows and sprinkle peanuts with raisins in a bowl. Don't forget the fizzy drinks. It's not your fault the 90s defined this as the ultimate platter.
Wear that denim on denim and those Disney inspired tshirts proudly. Some fashion trends should never go out of style. Yes, you'll look like you're still a teenager. You're still young at heart, right?
You've got no control over how quickly time flies. Make the most of it. Remain forever young.
Long live dear spirit, long live!

Oh 2021, I could go on and on but let me mind my manners. This is still your timeline.

Anyway, your timeline has made me aware of something. Not sure if it's normal when 30 comes knocking but, it's still valid. You've made me aware that we spend so much time focusing on "getting older" that we hardly pause and enjoy being young. Mgarimbe did warn us with Sister Bethina! 

3 comments:

  1. I will choose sister Bethina anytimeπŸ€£πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those who chose "Forever young" are wrong πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete
    2. I should not have done that to Forever young yazi πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam