Friday 31 December 2021

Letter 21 - Kind regards

 Dear 2021,


I hope this last letter finds you well.


We have reached the "so what Linda?" stage of our conversation. I'm no stranger to this stage. I actually always look forward to it when I listen to people deliver their speeches. In the end, I'm almost always left with how I felt. They were right, people hold on to how they felt instead of what was said.

On your last day, I'm reflecting on how you made me feel. I'm actually zooming into why I felt that way, how I feel today and what I'd like to feel as I step off your timeline.

Firstly, you served me truths I wasn't ready for. You've opened my eyes to perspectives I wouldn't have been exposed to had I remained in my comfort zone. You've toughened me up...

Secondly, you've made me realise that at the end of the day a grateful heart is all that matters. I'd pick grateful over bitter any day. I'm grateful for my village, the rough patches and all the touch downs.

Lastly, you've made me aware that healing is messy but very necessary, that self love wasn't built in one day and that Hope will always be an ally.

The beautiful thing about each last day is how quickly it goes by. So I probably won't notice you slip away 2021 and that's a good thing. I've said enough over the past few days. I'll hold my peace for what's left unspoken between us.

Oh and one more thing, 2021, you've made me value life and her lessons. I'll forever be grateful. Thank you.

Kind regards

Linda  

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yaaas lol. Thank you for being here on the journey buddy.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Linds for letters to 2021, it has been fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been Taky. May 2022 be kinder to us...

      Delete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam