Wednesday 29 December 2021

Letter 19 - After robot

 Good morning 2021,

Two more sleeps and you'll be gone. Yay. Nay. I don't know. I'm glad we're at the end. I'm just not looking forward to the next cycle. Will it be 2020 in a Peruvian wig this time? That 2020 too meme doing the rounds isn't helping either.


I was watching one of those old school movies some time ago and I noticed something. So vele vele (really) in other parts of the world a taxi is occupied by one person? Like there's so many of them, looking like a swarm of bees, just for individual rides? I don't get it. Here in South Africa a taxi ride is an entire experience. More like a cardiac exercise especially when you're unfamiliar with the route. Let's put the sitting in front and having to count the change aside. I don't even want to get into the amount of times I've been squashed inbetween other passengers because "ndisis'slenda" (loosely translated to having a small body). Let's talk about when you have to get off and then you have to shout out "after robot". Yhoooo.

Thing is home girl's voice gets squeaky when she's nervous. So having to project isn't my favourite thing to do. Especially when the driver is playing music. I enjoy taxi rides when there is a good Samaritan who helps with the "after robot driver".

Today feels like an after robot day. I'm thinking about all the Ls and times when the robot was red. You were hectic 2021. I can never say it enough. I'm thinking about those amber moments when it was just still and quiet. I'm also taking in all my green moments. I really need to let those soak in for longer..

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam