Thursday 16 December 2021

Letter 6 - Reconciliationville

 Yes, yes, yes 2021!

We're going on a road trip to Reconciliationville today. It's tradition. One of the longstanding traditions on the letter series. Every year we pack our bags, hit the road and go to this place. The mood this year is set on a Sana lwami tip. As in ndiqunjiswa nguwe. Andfun' nokncunyiswa nguwe! (You've made me upset. I don't even want to smile because of you!)




2021 you have been the problem that's kept asking "what's the problem?". You mogirl. The problem is you. Your timeline has been a problem.

Some of my most memorable road trip moments were somehow mired with drama. There was a time when I got a tire puncture at night. Then there was that time when I ended up squashed at the back seat of a long distance taxi that ended up getting lost. There was also another time when I almost died in another country because our driver was so inebriated he almost tipped the car over. Heyi. To go is to see. To see is to go.

You've felt like those road trips all in one 2021. Especially on the reconciliation front of things. I feel like I had a tire puncture on my notion of villains and heroes. I've felt squashed, and suffocated, in between conflicts. I'm grateful though that your timeline has shown me that I used to give so much power over my peace to others. You schooled me to fight back for that. Thank you. 

2021, you've been crappy but I definitely know that reconciliation is a journey because of you. One that begins with me being at peace with myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam