Tuesday 15 December 2020

Letter 4/20

 What's good 2020?

So the family meeting happened yesterday. It went as expected. Number 1 didn't have many surprises. Every family has favourite uncles and aunties. Ours is no different. There are those family members who you don't touch. Every family has rebellious cousins, uncles and aunties. Those ones are just like people who ignore pavements and create their own pathways. Let's just say I'm still crossing fingers for grace to see us through all this. 




Time has been so strange this year. On the one hand I feel like I've gone through three years in one. On the other hand I can't believe that the year is almost over.

Despite struggling with it at first, I think this year I've mastered the art of just letting some days go. Giving in to the Netflix and chill culture, keeping busy with things that don't require much physical or emotional commitment and just allowing time to pass by. There were times when I wasn't even sure which day of the week it was because days felt the same. Getting into this was so frustrating at first because I like routine but I think it was for the best. I'm not as exhausted as I was this time last year.

I lost track of time today. This is something that would have low key freaked me out. It didn't. I've come to realisation that sometimes losing track of the world is important so that we can be in touch with our inner selves. We get so fixated with time, to-do lists and deadlines that we can't even identify how we're feeling.

I feel relaxed. I feel anxious about the spike in cases. I also feel thankful for the gift of life. Above all else, I'm at peace with feeling different things all at the same time. Thank you for days such as today 2020...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam