Tuesday 22 December 2020

Letter 11/20

 Hello 2020, 


Only a few more days and then you'll be gone. Yaaas!

So, I've had a bone to pick with you since you took a U turn a few months ago. There was a time when I thought I'd do a "10 things I hate about you" list on the final days. The other idea was to post one liners each day to save time on going through how hectic you were. Then there was the option of videos. The drawing board was full. In the end, I just decided to go with the flow and do my best to be fair to you.




One of the things that stood out for me during the lockdown were the local and international trends of challenges. Those were lit. People baking, exchanging dance moves, putting their little ones to the test and pulling pranks on families. The influencer challenge left me in stitches. Then there was the global one where we had to dance. Homegirl has two left feet but I think I held it down. I'll talk about that when we get to the top 10 hits for the year. My favourite challenge is the #DuduzaneChallenge. Loving it. Especially because it gave me and my Xhosa sisters a break from the stereotype of us being gold diggers. Turns out, money is something that many of us are in pursuit of.

I may not have been brave to get out of my shell and participate in most of these challenges. Some of them were too hectic fam. Especially that one where John is being asked to open the gate. I've enjoyed them though. Okay, I'll be honest. My mirror has seen the dance ones lol. In a weird way, I've learnt that sometimes being an observer is the best position to be in. Sometimes we need to just sit back and allow the joy of others to rub off on us.

Humour is good. Humour is a need. Humour is a remedy. Shared humour is like oxygen. 2020, you've made me appreciate humour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam