Wednesday 23 December 2020

Letter 12/20

 Hello 2020, 


I hope this letter finds you well.

I love that line. Can't believe there are people who don't mean it when they send it. How. Could. You?! Know what else I like? Music. I like singing along and butchering lyrics. I enjoy getting them right, every once in a while, and just going down memory lane.

There are those days when we can't stop the feeling, when we're feeling like rooms without roofs and there are days when we can just feel that days are going to be good ones. There are days when we're having bad days, sing sad songs and just want to be at our parents houses. Bongo Maffin captures this perfectly in Kura Uone. Then there are those days when we hlonipha ilife (Respect life)...RIP Mandoza.

If today were a song, it would definitely go to The lazy song by Bruno Mars. There are so many times when I've felt this way but the adulting gig doesn't come with such perks. Today it did. If someone had told me this 20 years ago I would have laughed in their faces. Slow, quiet and lazy days are the epitome of happiness in the adult world. Okay, I'm not speaking for everyone. I'm just a representative of the WhatsApp group.

Life has a fascinating way of giving us revelations about ourselves. Especially the ones we're not ready to hear. Especially at times when we least expect to receive them. Especially when we have, for the longest time, believe in a truth. I don't think I can emphasize the "especially" of the timing itself. 




I promised I'd be fair to you and I'm trying to stick to that, 2020. Most lazy days have been a bliss. A reminder that a break from the hustle and bustle is important. That sometimes we need a breather and a break from it all. That peace is priceless. That we need to make self care a priority. Thank you for this reminder...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam