Thursday 22 December 2022

Letter 9 of 22: One two buckle my shoe

 What's good 2022?!

Prior to the letters, I thought I had you all figured out. Much like the nursery rhyme that is the title of this post. My dear friend, you were the "seven, eight, lay them straight" line. I say were because it seems like you've taken a curve and are trying to become like your predecessors...


Last year, I wrote about how I was in stitches when certain lyrics were butchered. This year, I realise that I am also on the very same boat. In my mind, it has been "three, four, knock on the door" instead of "three, four, shut the door". Shut the door? Shut the door where? Which door? Why is google messing up with my childhood? Am I the only one who knocked on the door? I can't believe my life had been a lie. lol. 

This reminds me of my current position with you 2022. We were coming along so well. Why now, jiki jiki (all of a sudden), deciding to act up on your girl? 

On a serious note, I'm currently reflecting, or rather confronting, the spirit of feeling like I am entitled to all good seasons throughout. I'm nursing my ego with the "seasons are different" mogirl ointment. I'm trying to drink water, mind my business and just appreciate life as it comes. 

So I guess what I'm trying to convince myself is that two yucky weeks, with glimpses of awesomeness in between, can't get in the way of the good thing we had? Right? 

This would be an interesting perspective to adopt for long term...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam