Saturday 31 December 2022

Letter 13 - 22 of 22: Flowers

 Good evening 2022, 

Yes. I did what I just did. You can’t blame me. So little time, so much to say. I guess I won’t get the opportunity to get to it all but, I’d like to hand out a few flowers before we wrap up day 365 of 356…

I haven’t always been a fan of this giving flowers business. A nolali (village girl) will always carry a bit of that and the sinus business isn’t a joke. Things have changed a bit in the last decade or so though. I’m not saying I’m a huge fan. Just that I’ve grown to appreciate the gesture. I’d like to give out a few flowers before I bid your timeline goodbye 2022. 

I’d like to give flowers to my smile and laughter suppliers . The ones who crack me up, who lessen the load of sadness and the ones who make me realise that giggles are a need.

I’d like to give flowers to my keepers. The ones who call out my b.s, who are anecdotes to the Impostor Syndrome and ones who cross my mind every time I think of going rogue. I appreciate your honourable orders. 

I’d like to give flowers to my “you don’t thank a fish for swimming” crew. My pack. If you were spices, you’d be my six gun. I don’t need much when I’m around you - your love and loyalty seems to always know how to cater to my being. I value you. 

I’d like to give flowers to my cheerleaders. Thank you for believing in me even on days when I don’t. Thank you for being kind. Thank you for being a stong presence on my journey. 

I’d also like to give flowers to the people who have been instrumental in my growth - in all spheres of my life. 

Last, but not least, I’d like to spare a bouquet for myself. Yes, I’d like to thank me. Uncle Snoop taught me well and I ain’t going back. I’d like to thank myself for going on, for smiling, for not letting go of kindness even when it’s mistaken for foolishness…for pursuing peace relentlessly and for fighting to be me…

A rose for you too 2022. Thank you for the gift of life and for her lessons…

Grateful regards, 

Linda 

2 comments:

  1. A great wrap up for 2022..wishing you a blessed 2023 MaLindz.. Modimo o moholo
    Modimo o lerato
    Modimo o Bonolo
    Modimo wa tshepahala ngwaneso.. 👏🏽 👏🏽

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy that I see my name without you spelling it and flowers received and appreciated only for this time 😄😅


    ReplyDelete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam