Monday 19 December 2022

Letter 6 of 22: My encounter with grief and loss

Dear 2022,

You've taught me something about losing a loved one. 


You'll never understand grief from a distance. One can only imagine it until it strikes in your circle. 


2022 robbed people's lives tragically and horrifying ways: rape cases, suicides, accidents, murders, etc. Yes, all these have occurred before, but deaths of young people in 2022 escalated and it is was so unfair.

It is heartbreaking to see parents bury their own children. Unfortunately we will never have sufficient answers for them. One can never get used to death, and 2022 happened to be the year in which I experienced it in my circle for the very first time. 

I pray and hope for God's peace and comfort on everyone who lost their loved ones: be it a parent, friend, boyfriend, neighbor, acquaintance in 2022. 

People don't have to understand how you feel but I hope you heal overtime; as it is said "it gets better with time".

Kind regards

Mahlogonolo Rankapole

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam