Friday 16 December 2022

Letter 3 of 22: Grace showed up

 Dear 2022, 

You have been a year of Grace for me.

It has been both humbling and empowering.

No matter how undeserving I felt, I have been loved this year in a way I cannot comprehend.

I have seen God, experienced God in people, and rediscovered God in me.




I have seen God in His fatherly character through His forgiveness and care towards me. God has been gentle with me and confirmed His promises for me in this lifetime. I saw this mostly on the days when I felt that the choices I made, rendered me deserving of the hardships that I had gone through in the last few years.

I have experienced Him in my friendships, where I truly thought the boat has sailed and I had pushed

them far enough not to imagine still having them. God showed up through people in ways that still

shock me and I can only acknowledge that it is God who led them to love me. Family showing up is one thing but friends can choose to simply walk away and God was like nope, you going to be there for her.

Accepting this kind of love in friendship is in itself humbling and the kind of journey you can only walk

once with a person, in a forever kind of way. So I am grateful for all the people God used to show Himself to me this year.

In rediscovering God, I have learned to love Him again. Forgive Him, because well I had to. My anger for myself was reflected in my relationship with Him. His pursuit of me reminded me to forgive myself and realise that I was not really angry at Him.

Although I am not ready to acknowledge and debrief from the demons I have faced or the mountains I

have had to climb this year, I am glad I did. I will know I am ready when I finally have the energy and the correct mindset to learn and grow from the debriefing. So that I may grasp the true lesson and gain the most out of the reflection of these experiences.

So the perfectly imperfect me is fighting. Some days feel like a win while others don’t, yet I am looking

forward to 2023 and know that in all things…. I am not alone.

I am humbled by Gods love for me and empowered by the community He has created around me, His

grace has truly been sufficient.


Yours truly

Kelebogile Boleu

3 comments:

  1. It's so easy to believe or choose to only see that people showed up for you. Yes, you find people that are inherently good and that will just be there for you, but people are mostly self-serving and will only show up for those that show up for them. If you look at that way then you were deemed to be deserving.
    Having said that, I hope the people that showed up did it because "God was like nope, you going to be there for her"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kele. I may not know the mountains you had to climb or the storms you had to endure, but I do know it takes courage to even recognise His strength and grace through people when you feel at your weakest. His grace will forever be more than sufficient for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God continue to shield you and remember to pass it forward through giving others grace and sharing your gifts. God is intentional, find your purpose and turn your lemons into lemonade

    ReplyDelete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam