Thursday 15 December 2022

Letter 2 of 22: The paw paw, the fan and everything else in between

 Iyhooo 2022,

I don’t even know where to begin. The beginning isn’t a viable option. It’s just as messy as the middle and the present. The paw paw hit the fan and everything else in between...

Before I go any further, I’d like to apologise for my absence these past few days. I know some you have not been even able to reach me on my phone. I was kept away by matters beyond my control. When I say beyond, I mean the distance between Cape Town and Cairo, the unexpected heat burn from that hot pan on your hand and the inability for one to kiss their elbow. Yes. It was that deep.

I thought that 2020 had prepared me for things not going according to plan. Listen, I thought I had become an expert and moving from plan A to plan F and then Plan M swiftly. These past few days have taught me that I still have a way to go. It’s not a long way. Neither is it a short way. Days are different. All I know is that I need a route to mastering this…

2022, you’re currently serving me the kuse mhlabeni apha (I’m using this in the context of “this is how the cookie of life crumbles”) card. There’s something so numbing about losing control. It undermines your poor egos attempts at “keeping on top of things”. It puts your patience to the ultimate test. Oh and your humility…shame. Homegirl feels like the scrop lap (cleaning cloth) that’s been doing the rounds at a family mgidi (celebration). In the meantime, the entire system is humming Senzeni na? (what have we done?) in an almost perfect harmony.

I’m going through a yucky phase on your timeline, and it sucks. That’s all I can say. All I can master myself up to say anyway. I will keep the rest inside emotional volts resembling Azkaban where it should remain. God knows I need dementors, all things divine and the Holy spirit to keep them at bay…

As it stands, things are going back on track. Is it a straight one? Jeepers no. Am I hanging on? For dear life.

On the brighter side of things, the next couple of days will be filled with letters from friends of Life and Her Lessons. Do stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam