Sunday 1 May 2022

May it work

Hello May,

It's worker's day in South Africa today. I thought I'd cash in one of my "being cheesy" tokens  for today's blog reflection. 




Do you remember a time when you couldn't wait to assist with house chores? When you insisted on washing those dishes? When you rushed to learn how to make steamed bread on your own? When the sight of visitors excited you because you could make tea and offer refreshments? What a distant memory. It's so far behind, I don't even remember that version of myself. Childhood just came with the luxury of ignorance and bliss. 

In adulthood, I've observed that the word "work" comes with so much weight for those searching and unable to find, for those suffocated where they are and for those seeking to spread out their wings. I hope that this month brings comfort to all.

Today, I find myself also reflecting on just how important working on ourselves is and how we often forget that working for our peace is the most an important task.

Dear reader,
May it (whatever it is) work for you,
May your prayers, hustle and ambitions work in your favour
May you see the fruits of your labour and your rest,
May you find courage to face those dull days,
May you always put in the work to ensure the self love cup overflows...

4 comments:

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam