Sunday 22 May 2022

Catching hands

 Hello, my people!


Winter has officially graced us with her unwanted presence ne? Too early if you ask me. Too early and too cold.

You know those put a finger down challenges? Someone needs to do a "growing up in village" one. (If you know of one, plug me. Your girl is on TikTok and im new). I'd put all fingers down for the: Put a finger down if you were punished / reprimanded by a neighbour and never told your parents about it question. Jonga, that was a standard code. You did not want to catch hands for catching hands in the first place. It was as if parents were claiming territory. "Thou shall not embarrass my hands by allowing other hands to put you in line". Childhood in the lali (village) had complexities!

This month has been like that phenomenon. I've just been catching hands. It's been pouring hands. It's been a moria of hands. Hands in abundance. A trend of hands. Hands that came in various sizes. Hands fam, hands...

The thing about catching hands is that you also struggle to communicate it. It's not like you don't want to let others know you're struggling. It's not like you're reporting to parents that will likely serve more hands. Adulting has just taught you to embrace this season hands on. Yes, pun intended.

I hope that you're well. I hope that your portion of 2022 hands slap less than previous years. I hope your shoulders are carrying your head well. I hope that you find reasons to be grateful. I hope that you can reach a point when you give hands a high five back. 

In the meantime...hibiri! 

4 comments:

  1. Besithi sidl'ubusha bethu. Ea fihla adulting 301. I receive. I hope the hands get easier on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is Eish..yeah neh 🤣🤣🤣 and keep it moving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no other way 🤞🤷🏽‍♀️😂

      Delete

#LifeAndHerLessons (LAHL) Fam